Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Box of Chocolates

Chapter 7: Cadbury Favorites Boxed Chocolates

My momma always said, “Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get”


I am sure that you have probably heard about this for at least 300 times. I couldn't agree more that chocolates and life go hand in hand. There are so many choices in our life that we have to choose the one that is most satisfying. The choices in our life is just like the variety flavours in a box of chocolates.  They look equally good from the outside but with different fillings inside.

To be honest, I am a bad decision maker. I take forever to make a decision even when I am doing my shopping or choosing a birthday gift for my boyfriend. I always think too much, carefully analysing every single good and bad of each choices. And the worst part is I may be ending up not choosing any of them  or eventually come out a third solution. 




Last Tuesday, my project supervisor asked me if I want to continue my PhD studies with him and he will help me to apply for a full scholarship. and.. and.. and.. the best offer is that he will partially sponsor me to the US for a conference in this coming July. I am really happy for this. But frankly speaking,  I don't really feel like staying in this super boring country alone for another three years, worst will be four or five years or even longer. And to be honest I am not young anymore. I need a job and I want to earn money like everyone else at my age! I want to work in the industry rather than staying in academic field forever. But I know this is a golden opportunity  to be sponsored for a PhD! But do I really want to study PhD in Microwave Engineering?Becoming a Teletubby, saying Eh-oh! everyday? I feel like dying deriving all the equations and Mr.Maxwell (Maxwell equation) is still like a stranger to me. LOL!

After a shower, I came out a conclusion that I need a break. I couldn't continue anymore in the academic stuffs deriving eqn, doing research, writing journals and thesis. I know it is hard to work outside. But my brain is freaking tired with research and papers writing. If I want to study for the PhD, I may choose to apply in other universities (preferably in Europe~). So, I guess it would be the best for me to work first? But honestly I am highly interested to attend the conference in US! Anyway, this is how I think for now. I am sure I will change my mind in a jiffy. Only God knows what my final decision will lead me to. 

 arrhh..  so called life huh.. 


The Road Not Taken
Photo taken at Tongariro Nasional Park, New Zealand





No comments:

Post a Comment